You went out with a girl for the first time, you thought it went great, but then you never heard back from her again. Most likely it’s not about you. She might be too busy at work and doesn’t want a relationship. Maybe she’s still into her ex-boyfriend. OR, it might be something you did. Check out this list to make sure you didn’t make an obvious wrong move.
- KISS — Yup, no kissing on the first date. At the very least, no kissing with tongue. I can’t really explain why, but it works. I think it’s an ego thing with women. We expect guys to want to kiss us so when you don’t, it throws us a curve ball and we want you even more.
- GET ON YOUR PHONE — If you have kids at home it’s perfectly fine to keep your phone available for emergencies. But, if it’s not important, don’t pick up your phone. And guys, keep your phone turned over. Seeing another chick call is not a turn on.
- BATHE IN COLOGNE — Too much cologne can be a total deal breaker. Remember, you don’t really know this girl. She could be allergic or the cologne might be offensive. Personally, heavy cologne makes me sick. Wear something fresh and subtle. Even a good aftershave could be nice.
- TALK ABOUT EX’S — Don’t trash your Ex! You dated her. Why are you with crazy chicks? Are you crazy?
- SHOW UP UNKEMPT — Okay, I know a lot of you don’t like to fuss, BUT you must make sure your nails are clean and trimmed, your hair is washed, your facial hair is either non-existent or groomed. The last thing you want a girl to say is “he was nice but his nails were too long” or “cool guy but his hair smelled like a greasy old man” or “he looked like he slept in his clothes.”
- OVER TALK YOUR DATE — Make sure you listen to what your date has to say. And prove it by asking her question. No girl wants to hear a guy talk about themselves all night. If she asks you about yourself — great! If not, ask her questions.
- MAKE IT A LONG NIGHT — Go out, have fun, enjoy the conversation but don’t make it the everlasting date. You have a life remember?! Girls like busy guys. Leave her wanting more.