Some text messages we love getting, other text messages we can’t wait to delete. I was just listening to this guy on instagram, @textingprince. I must say, he had it down. He said “Just pretend you are James Bond.” I love that!
James Bond wouldn’t go overboard, he wouldn’t overload you with emoji’s, he would be calm and cool yet sexy and thoughtful.
Take your time to respond. Don’t start firing texts at her before she is comfortable with you. Nothing worse then a guy who is blowing up your phone like he has no life.
How many times have you sent a text message — you hear the swoosh, and you think “Crap! I didn’t mean to send that!”
I’ve been there. Had a few wines, was a bit miffed at my guy, sent a text without thinking it through, and then was like “FCK, why did I do that?”
My mother says “if you write things down, they never go away.” How true it is! That being said, be careful about what you say and how you say it. Whether you’re in love or pissed, take a minute and think before you send.
- “Good morning” — You think it’s generic, right? Well, it is! But every guy I’ve been into has sent me good morning text messages. He started my day with him on my mind. It’s kinda cool if you can add the pet name — “hey baby” or “good morning lover,” “morning sexy” — it’s a little corny, but we like it.
- “I had a great time” — If indeed you had a good time — tell her! Open up the channels!
- “Thinking of you” — This is the best! It can be said a frickin’ gazillion times and we don’t get sick of hearing it! Keep it comin’!
- “Miss you” — Not something you want to say in the beginning of the ball game. But as time marches on, let down your guard and she will, too. You’ll know when the time is right to say this — have no fear!
- “I love you” — Deep deep deep! If you’re genuine and you think the feeling is mutual, go for it! 3 words every girl wants to hear and never gets sick of.
- “How was your day?” — Omg! It’s the “he is so considerate to ask me this.” Yes, be the guy who cares more about your girl then yourself. This message will get you places.
- “I’m sorry” – Awwww… So nice when a guy isn’t too proud to say he’s sorry. Integrity and truth are a great foundation.
Take Away — Keep it simple and listen to her words. It’s a bonus when a guy is considerate. ex. “How’s your mom feeling ?” , “How did school go?” , “How was your job interview ?”, “Did you find the shoes you were looking for?”